Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gorgeous Rotten Scoundrel by Nina G. Jones


          Arc received by author in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars – I found a new dirty talker and his name is Heath


Heath is a bastard. 

Heath



He’s an arrogant, womanizing, egotistical type of bastard.




He’s sexy, gorgeous, famous and desirable. Lives a jet set life filled with good times and disposable women. He’s uninhibited and reckless. Life is one big party for Heath, that is, until dramatic events turned his world upside down…. and Sadie came along and changed everything.

 Sadie

'I felt like I was losing it, like some stupid fucking juvenile who couldn't stop herself from obsessing over a crush. I couldn't make logical decisions around this man. He had me under some type of dicknosis. Over and over, I had to remind myself to breathe, because every time I thought of him, I would involuntarily stop.'

"I was possessed by his demon cock."

Sadie, a professional chief to the stars, landed a dream job in the Hamptons working for Heath Hillabrand – playboy extraordinaire. Being attracted to Heath is the bane of her existence. See, Sadie has major trust issues when it comes to men. Being burnt by every man who has entered her life, she swears Heath will not penetrate her Teflon armor.  She portrays herself as cold, detached bitch. Needless to say, Heath is charmingly persuasive, truly irresistible and up for the challenge. After all, no woman has resisted his charms, and he is not about to accept Sadie’s rejection lightly. It was a battle and Sadie put up a good fight… but she really did not stand a chance. She could no longer deny her love for Heath. She tried, but Heath was determined to break through her barriers and win the war.


"Listen, you know if there is anyone who understands loss, it's me. I maybe carefree, but I am not careless. I don't ever want to hurt you. I know I've been an immature jackass. It's just when we met, there was something about you and I went into overdrive. It's what's worked for me in the past. I don't know how else to explain it other than that you turned me into a 16-year-old all over again. You made me nervous."


I really liked Heath’s character. He was charismatic, brooding and oh so deliciously erotic. He had dark secrets, which added another layer of attraction for me. I love a dirty talker, and he does it well.  The passionate scenes were off the charts sizzling. Got to give props to a stud that can screw a girl ten ways till Sunday from a wheelchair, casted arms and all. (Limo scene was UNBELIEVABLY superb too!!) I adore when a naughty bad boy becomes smitten and falls head over heals in love.  I fell for Heath’s charms from the very start.


Sadie was likeable, yet frustrating at times. However, what added drama to the storyline was her denying her amorous feelings for Heath. I love the element of angst. For me, I like a bit of  “the chase” instead of insta-love in the plot.  Sometimes, it’s good to see an arrogant bastard brought to his knees and humbled. And Sadie certainly gave Heath a run for his money. 


All in all, this was a good romantic read for me. It was well written and had all the right elements:


dominating alpha
stubborn heroine
a dash of drama
a pinch of humor
dark secrets revealed
and passion, sex, chemistry and heat

Heath Hillabrand, forever my Gorgeous Rotten Scoundrel

I would have liked a bit more out of the story. Perhaps a glimpse into Sadie and Heath’s future and more of their “happily ever after”. The ending was a bit rushed. Never the less, I loved it and look forward to reading more from this author.











No comments:

Post a Comment