Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Stuck - Up Suit by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland @ViKeeland @PenelopeAuthor


13.png
red 4 S.png
4 Stuck Up Sexy Stars
14.png
What do you get when a sassy Italian chick from Brooklyn comes toe to toe with a  handsome, arrogant Manhattan businessman?  A fun romantic read! The writing team of Keeland and Ward are back penning another comical yet heartwarming opposites attract insta-love romance filled with plenty of passion, lovable characters and loads of  laughs.  

And Wow… Just look at the cover…*sigh*  a great inspiration for the sexy hot Graham…

12792387_1775594689335147_9112327315302658981_o.jpg
Soraya, assistant to advice columnist “Dear Ida”, is mesmerized by a devilishly handsome stranger who left his phone on the train one morning. Serves him right for being a loud, obnoxious ass during the entire ride to work. So she did what any normal girl would do in her situation...break into his phone, check out his photos and semi-stalk him before returning it. Too funny. She learned first hand how cantankerous and ill-mannered Mr. Stuck Up Suit could be. And deservedly, he quickly earned a new name...Mr. Big Prick.

“Maybe I’m not Mr. Big Prick like you think.” He slid my hand down to his crotch. “Maybe I just have a big prick, but I’m not really the prick you imagine.”

I really like it when a pretentious, arrogant hero finds just the right girl to heal his jaded heart and allow his romantic side to break through. At first, Graham J. Morgan came across as a pompous, ornery ass. His attitude both grated on my nerves and amused me. But then….BAM! Once smitten and revealing the heartache from his past, a totally different side of Graham appeared that had me swooning. Falling for the quirky and sarcastic Soraya brought out his softer, sexier side and a heart of gold which was buried underneath all his coarseness. And wow, MBP (Mr. Big Prick) earned the nickname in a different way. I love a sexy, dirty talker... and Graham was filthy.

“And to think, I was going to fuck you full of nice. You never cease to amaze me, Soraya. It would be my pleasure to leave the gentleman at the door and fuck you four ways dirty.”

He was a man who wielded power in both the business world and the bedroom. His overly sensual character made this read that much more enjoyable for me.  I did find his character underwent a transformation as the story progressed. I truly liked the sweet, romantic hero he became, but I did wish he held on to more of that sexy cockiness I grew fond of.  Regardless, he was a perfect hero for Soraya, giving her strength, as they faced a fair share of challenges.     

He was the most romantic, arrogant, stuck-up suit I’d ever come across in my life. And he was perfect for me.

Soraya Venedtta was a spicy little number who held her own when it came to the moody, broody Graham. Being a girl from Brooklyn myself, I really liked and related to the way her bold and ballsy character was depicted. She was a funny, loving and sincere (for the most part) woman who was doing her best to deal with a number of insecurities. Unresolved and hurt feelings from her childhood messed with her confidence when it came to Graham and caused her to make some really crappy decisions. Her unwise choices added more drama to the story line, which irked me… a lot, but I understood where she was coming from.  It was sweet to see how Graham gently tended to her feelings of self doubt.

I loved Graham J. Morgan. Mr. Big Prick. Stuck-up Suit. Celibate in Manhattan. Fifty Shades of Morgan. I loved them all. I loved that he appreciated all of my idiosyncrasies. I loved that he protected me. I loved that he made me feel for the first time in my life like I was the most important person to someone - to him.

Regardless of all the undue relationship drama and troubles that arose from the past (the ex-bitch from hell, for instance) Graham and Soraya were good together and complimented each other well. Their love was unconditional, intense and fierce.

I mumbled against her lips, “I fucking love you, Soraya Venedetta.”
“I love you, too, Suit. I think I fell in love with you before I even met you.”

All in all, this was an amusing and steamy romantic comedy. Found myself constantly chuckling  at their back and forth banter via texts and emails. A perfect book for when you’re in the mood for a spicy read, with a healthy dose of drama mixed in, that will still manage to make you laugh. And oh! I got a big kick out of seeing cameo of my favorite goat...Pixie, from Cocky Bastard.





Complimentary copy received in exchange for an honest review  



No comments:

Post a Comment