Sunday, February 19, 2017

Preston’s Honor by Mia Sheridan @MSheridanAuthor



  5 Stars


I’ve read Preston’s Honor days ago and the story still haunts me. So much so, I needed to read it again hoping my emotions would stay in check the second time around.


I was seriously wrong. 

It’s difficult for me to let this story and these characters go as it still has me feeling like a sobbing emotional mess. I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point. After reading all of Sheridan’s tales, I know full well that her somber romances ~ heaping with love, lust, passion, angst and pain ~ wreck me each time. It’s what her stories do.

However, Preston’s Honor nearly destroyed me. I felt battered, bruised and abused as Sheridan ripped out my heart, flayed it open, tossed it to the ground and stomped on it… before placing the shattered pieces of me back together again. I relished every moment experiencing Preston and Annalia’s soul crushing journey. They told a story filled with so much beauty and pain, it overwhelmed me. Although I adored the hero Preston grew to be, it was the heroine ~ my sweet innocent Lia, who seized my heart and completely annihilated me.

Taking me from childhood and through the decades, this is a story about a poor and neglected little girl and her love for twin boys. Preston, the serious one who owned her heart and soul from the moment they met; And Cole, a dear friend who was like an older, protective brother. Together, they all made mistakes and perpetuated misunderstandings that had me on edge. These characters’ experiences pulled on my heartstrings while I searched deep within my soul to find forgiveness for all their faults and egregious misjudgments. All along, I felt their anguishes, losses, joys and tragedies as if they were my own. Needless to say, my emotions were twisted throughout this read.

 "Yes, I loved two brothers-identical twins-but it was only one soul that spoke to mine. One soul I'd always belonged to."

The Prologue had me on pins and needles as it described Lia’s situation, which made me uneasy. She made some terrible decisions that did not sit well with me. But as Sheridan held my hand guided me through the tale, I opened up to Lia. I understood her mindset, saw all her demons, and it did not take long for Lia to earn my affections. Seeing all that she had endured, as well as the way she worked to regain Preston’s (and my) trust and forgiveness, I could not help but love her character. Lia’s a victim of terrible circumstances and seeing her life made my heart bleed. I loved her strength, her determination to persevere, and her forgiving nature. She truly was a remarkable heroine.

And Preston... the sweet little boy I fell in love with grew up to be broody, sexy and extremely stubborn. His character constantly struggled to do what was right and just, failing at times, but his love for Annalia was sincere and immeasurable. He made so many blunders, which shattered Lia I was utterly heartsick. Nevertheless, he turned out to be a hero worthy of her affections.


Reading Preston’s Honor set me off on an emotional roller-coaster ride. This was Sheridan at her very best ~ her flawless writing style, the way she developed her characters, the captivating plot, the passion and heartache she evoked – it all touched me deeply. Bravo Mia and thank you for another wonderful read. Preston and Lia’s story will stay with me for a very long time.



https://www.amazon.com/Prestons-Honor-Mia-Sheridan/dp/1542980046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487389010&sr=1-1&keywords=Preston%27s+Honor


 I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this publication

No comments:

Post a Comment