Saturday, September 27, 2014

Conquered (She Who Dares #2) by LP Lovell @Authorlplovell



Arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review


…And the drama continues…

The ending of Besieged left our two lovebirds broken hearted and miserable. Poor Lilly had the weight of the world on her shoulders. The man she loves shattered her heart, creating more upheaval in her already hectic life. Theo is ripped to shreds, suffering from the consequences of his incredibly stupid blunder, determined to right his wrongs. Both are in shambles and hopeless. With that in mind, I knew to buckle up for an emotional roller-coaster ride. Conquered, the second installment in the She who Dares series, did not disappoint. 
Throughout most of Conquered, there was a huge ‘push’ and ‘pull’ situation. A desperate Theo is fighting an uphill battle by seeking forgiveness and pushing his way back into Lilly’s life. The more he pushes, the further she pulls away and retreats. Theo’s sadness tugged on my heartstrings, and I found myself routing for his cause. Lost and forlorn, I truly felt bad for him…until he majorly ticked me off – TWICE. (GASP)!!



Theo’s just as dashing and extremely sexy in this read, and I adored him. His transformation, triggered by falling in love, touched me, as did his heartache. But, drunken public restroom mistakes and Theo seem to go hand in hand. He disappointed me. And a bit of the old insensitive, callous side of Theo crept back in when dealing with psycho chick, Cassie (YIKES)!  Yes, the predicament with Cassie turned his life upside down, but Theo could have handled the situation with more understanding. Although I love Theo’s character, these two situations slightly skewed my admiration for him. I am hoping in book three, Theo resolves these issues and redeems himself to become the honorable, strong man Lilly needs. That aside, my heart does go out to him for all of his woes.


There are dubious people affecting Lilly’s life, and I truly feel sorry for her. Despite all that’s going on, Lilly remains as stubborn as ever. I got to give her credit; she’s a tough chick who stands her ground. I admire her grit, however, I wanted to scream ‘enough already and give in’. Theo’s arms were wide open, waiting to catch her. Lilly’s constant refusal was teeny bit vexing. She has gumption and puts up a good fight, but I wanted to see her heal and embrace the one who holds the key to her strength ~ Theo.
Along the way, Theo and Lilly manage to pull off some steamy and passionate times in the midst of their turmoil.  It was during their affectionate moments I was reminded how erotic they can be. Theo is at his best when showering Lilly with tenderness and love.

All in all, this was a great read for me. I liked that the story was presented in dual points of view – a peek into the minds of these off the wall characters. LP Lovell is an incredibly gifted author whose unique writing style evoked a vast array of emotions within me. The story line, filled with moments of angst, nail-biting tension, hot sex and romance, grabbed and held my attention from beginning to end. Lastly, be warned there is a cliffhanger. LP leaves us dangling, anxious to see what the future has in store for our tumultuous couple. 





  




No comments:

Post a Comment