Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pucked Up (Pucked #2) by Helena Hunting @HelenaHunting



4.5 Sunshine Filled Stars

I think youre my orgasm soulmate.
Ill be whatever kind of soulmate you want, Sunny Sunshine
 
When first meeting the NHL hockey player Miller “Buck” Butterson in Pucked, I have to admit, I really didn’t think much of him. Then again, I was judging him from Violet’s point of view. All his Yeti-ness gave me a douchey, man-slut, puck-bunny banger vibe. But, falling for his teammate’s sister changed Buck and I never thought I would come to love him more than Alex, but it’s true.


The real Miller was so much more than the hairy, knucklehead party boy his stepsister Vi painted him to be. He was swoon-worthy sexy, genuinely sweet and totally sincere. Yet, Miller seemed somewhat insecure despite his cocky attitude. When his feelings for Sunshine (Alex’s sister who we briefly met in Pucked) became serious, Miller was smitten and totally committed to building their relationship. But, living the star athlete lifestyle, parties and one-night-stands with hockey groupies are all he knows. So being clueless and having virtually no experience with relationships, Miller is at a loss and manages to get himself into trouble… a shitload of trouble… and often. Severely lacking common sense and good judgment, his crazy antics – from drunken social media postings and dickpics going viral to spider bites swelling his his balls – Miller manages to hurt poor Sunny’s feelings. Nevertheless, his hijinks had me in fits of laughter; I couldn’t control myself, because he was one funny bastard. The thoughts that swirled around in his crazy mind were ridiculously comical. However, in all seriousness, I fell in love with him as his character grew and matured from a total player to a caring, loving and devoted man.


Sunshine was an adorably sweet hippie type of girl who had an aura of innocence about her. Not fully trusting Miller’s sincerity, Sunny had doubts about their relationship. I couldn’t fault her, he did have a terrible playboy reputation. Besides, he got himself involved in utterly stupid situations that put him in a bad light, regardless if most were out of his control. However, she had the tendency to listen to everyone's opinion, rather than her own heart, which caused her to make silly mistakes that added angst within the story line. Miller’s heart belonged to Sunny, and all comedy aside, he truly loved her and bent over backwards to show just how much he cared for her.


Fans of Pucked will be happy (I know I was) to see Violet, in all her sarcastic and snarky glory as well as Alex (Mr. “MC” himself), popping in and out of the story line. Vi is loonier than ever, but Alex surprisingly annoyed me. He was a little harsh and too judgmental towards poor Miller. They buck (no pun intended) heads often, which added drama to everyone’s life. After all, Sunshine is Alex’s little sister, so he was a wee bit overprotective when it comes to Miller possibly screwing her over. Regardless…I still love Alex aside from his overbearing ways.

I really liked seeing more interaction between Miller and Vi and having better insight into their relationship. They share a special bond and he adores her in a strictly sisterly kind of way. There were times they over shared, which added another layer of hysterics to the story. They are truly two insane characters. As crazy as Vi can be, she is the voice of reason and supports Miller by giving him advice, and guiding him to become the man that Sunshine needed.

Written entirely from Miller’s point of view, Helena Hunting’s Pucked Up was the funniest romantic comedy I’ve come across this year. Once I jumped in, I could tear myself away. Can't even express how funny some of the scenes were in this read. Tears were streaming from my eyes...doubled over in fits of uncontrollable laughter. It's a fan-fucking-tastic series and a must read if you’re in the mood for light-hearted sweet love stories that will bring you to the brink of sidesplitting hilarity. Looking forward to more hot and hilarious hockey players – bring on Lance and Randy’s romances!





 ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
 

3 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Buck too! Your review is awesome and I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with Buck too! Your review is awesome and I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete