Thursday, November 19, 2015

Crush (Tainted Love Series #2) by Kim Karr @authorkimkarr


4 – 4.5 Suspense filled stars



The saga continues to unravel in Kim Karr’s Tainted Love Series finale, Crush.

I could not wait to get my hands on this sequel and glad when it quickly picked up, right where I was left dangling by my fingertips, over a cliff in Blow. Tensions escalated and ran sky high as Logan and Elle’s love and relationship strengthened despite unknown forces and past enemies working in a concerted effort to rip them apart. 



There’s some push and pull drama at first as Logan struggles with his fears over imminent threats against his Elle. Nevertheless, his desires and the overwhelming need to safeguard her could no long be denied. I loved his determination and over-protective Alpha tendencies when it came to Elle’s safety. He claims all of her; works tirelessly to shield her from harm as no one, not the mob or the feds, will stand in their way. Logan was the perfectly sexy, dominating hero.


Karr always delivers sizzling romances coupled with extreme angst and mysteries layered within its plot. I’m always on edge, fully engrossed, as the tension she builds skyrockets. In Crush, the web of secrets and dangers that surround this couple held me captivated as my nerves were frazzled, trying to piece together clues peppered throughout this fast paced story.  And as I tried to pay close attention to the tiniest of details, surprise plot twists had me gasping. Always expect the unexpected when savoring this author’s tales.

Crush had it all – murders, mysteries, mayhem…the mobster element (which gave me a ‘Soprano’s’ meets ‘The Departed’ vibe), nail-biting drama and heart pounding moments. I was on the edge of my seat throughout most of this read. Although I would not consider this a dark romance, there were times of gloom and doom that crushed me with dread and sadness.

                             A life for a life…

Elle was a somewhat strong heroine who grew more confident as the story progressed, but Logan stole the show for me. He was just the perfectly devoted, swoon-worthy knight in shining armor whose raw passion and dominance caused my heart to pitter-patter. He was so sweet and gentle as he put Elle’s needs before his own.

This series was a tense roller coaster ride and a good choice for fans of romantic suspense. I was totally consumed and pulled deeper and deeper within the story-line, falling in love with a cast of unforgettable characters. Another beautifully written, scorching hot romance from Author Kim Karr. 



ARC received in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment