Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan @MSheridanAuthor


 
For heaven’s sake this has got to be the most challenging and difficult review for me to put together periodand here’s why. Whenever I fall into a fan-freaking-tastic story such as Midnight Lily, I become so totally invested that it overwhelmingly consumes me. I feel compelled to pour my every emotion regarding the story-line, the characters, their journey to love and so on, into my commentary.  It’s just not possible for me to express all that I’ve experienced without revealing major plot twists. I will say there is so much to take in, to digest, to process and interpret, even days after finishing this read. My mind was turned inside out as my heart was flooded with a barrage of emotions. It absolutely kills me to cage in the whirlwind of feels I’ve survived, but any hint will absolutely spoil the story – and that would be an epic injustice. In penning Midnight Lily, Mia Sheridan proved once again she is a masterful storyteller and perhaps… just a tad bit crazed for conjuring up such a crafty tale.

This story was an incredibly intense read for me and a bit different from the romances I usually gravitate too. Nonetheless, I was absolutely taken by the story line, hooked on these characters’ journey, and fell head over heals in love with both the hero and heroine. Their broken souls absolutely shattered me to pieces. It was hauntingly beautiful, so devastatingly dark and painful it hurt my heart ~ but, I savored every moment I spent in their world. As always, Sheridan held my hand tightly throughout this somber read and guided me to the other side, where I found peace of mind and contentment with their ‘happily ever after’. And that ending…holy moly…it was a total ‘mind fuck’ which left me speechless and a little confused (at first). Reflecting back on the story in its entirety I felt as if I was smacked so silly, I totally lost my sanity. 

Midnight Lily was a beautifully written bittersweet romance, which drew me in and held me captive from beginning to end. Weaving passion, heartache and healing with a heavy dose of mystery, this story is a must read. But be warned – pay very close attention to every word and nuance because Mia Sheridan will fuck with mind and toy with your heart. She has outdone herself by creating such an unbelievably brilliant, poignant tale.



ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment