Withstanding Me by Crystal Spears
My rating: 4 0f 5 stars
ARC received from Crystal Spears in exchange for an honest review.
“Withstanding Me” had a much
tamer vibe compared to the rough and tough emotions I was feeling from “Seize
Me” Kidnapping, drug abuse, brutal beatings, beheadings, sodomy and rape are
not easy topics. It’s not pretty and it
takes a hell of a fight for the characters of to achieve their HEA. Although difficult, the author took us from
the tense drama and led you to other side, showing how these characters
overcame terror and became survivors.
Storm and Zig Zag (ZZ) are some of the survivors from “Seize Me”. “Withstanding Me” is their love story.
ZZ a higher up in the
Breakneck MC. He is a single dad, (at the age of 13!) and his father was
murdered during a blood feud. ZZ has
seen his fair share of drama. He is a
typical bad boy alpha. His “lady” is his
bike and there’s no chance of him being tied down by one woman. Life is a never-ending
party filled with loose chicks, constant drinking and drugs. He’s hot, young, sexy and has a huge c@ck
decorated with a Jacob’s ladder. ZZ can
basically have any thing and any woman he wants…except Storm.
Storm, a rescued sex slave,
wants romance. Not a one nightstand, but
true love with the man of her dreams, ZZ.
She refuses to succumb to ZZ advances.
She is determined to win his heart.
Breakneck!...ZZ finally comes
to terms with his feelings for Storm and realizes she is worth giving up the
wild life.
“I fuckin love you, Storm. I fuckin love you
hard, baby. Deal with it. I love every single thing about you. Your tiny little
figure, your black and blonde hair, that cute little nose stud, those pouty
little lips, those big blue eyes, the way you love me, the way you love our family. You’re not giving up. I won’t
let you. You once told me that’d I fall in love, and it would be with you. You
remember that?....You took me, a man that didn’t do love, and you owned me
Storm. You fuckin own me!”
WOW, for a guy who does not do commitment, he sure
knows how to sweep a girl off her feet.
Even though there is the angst factor dealing with the
Russian mob attacking the club and posing danger to the Breakneck members, I
felt “Withstanding Me” was missing the edge that “Seize Me” had – something was
being held back. Never the less, It was
a steamy read laced with hot sex scenes and tantalizing dirty talk.



No comments:
Post a Comment