Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren

Arc received by author in exchange for an honest review

It was love at first sight between  me and a Sweet Filthy Boy
“Sweet Filthy Boy” is, in my opinion, Christina Lauren’s best read yet. A funny yet heartwarming story that at first, seemed to be a combination of “Crossroads” meets “The Hangover”.  Pleasantly surprise, this book lured me right in. And Ansel, the delicious hot Frenchman, stole the show as well as my heart.

Three girlfriends, graduating college and on the road to new beginnings, start a trek to Las Vegas seeking fun and adventure. They walk away with more than they bargained for.



Mia Holland has her future planned, despite the fact that it is one that makes her truly unhappy. But happiness is something that was out of her reach most of her life, especially when her dreams where shattered.
In a strange town hoping to escape reality for just one night, the straight lace Mia gazes into electrifying brilliant green eyes across a nightclub. That one look changed the course of her life forever. From a night of debauchery, self-discovery, drunken confessions, blind trust and off the charts sexual encounters - love blossoms between a sexy, impulsive man and a broken girl.
“Which was your favorite? Living room, or bed, or floor, or wall, or mirror, or bar, or floor?”
“I think I need a cast for my penis." 

Je t'aime Ansel

"I want to love all of my life as much as I love this night.”
Yes, I fell head over heels in love with Ansel Guillaume.  I could not help myself. His character was an enigma. 

 A tenderhearted lawyer (is that even real)?
Impulsive yet responsible.
Practical yet idealistic.
Gentle and sweet yet a sexually dominating, dirty talking Alpha.
Dead serious and ambitious, but hysterically funny
Ansel embraces life in every way. I adored him. And Mia, falling under his spell, breaks from her norm to live in Ansel’s world, following him to Paris, trusting him and taking a chance without looking back, even if it is temporary.  
What you feel, Cerise? I feel it, too. Fuck Mia. I feel everything for you.”
Passion ignites quickly and the heat created between these two lovers is consuming. Pure lust – from public sexy to role-play. Oh yeah, from little French maid & devil costumes to professor punishing insolent student fantasies – these two bang everywhere and in everyway- sizzling H.O.T.   However, there is more.  See, Ansel is a romantic at heart and through all the lust and passion, love blooms. And it is a love that Ansel discovers he won’t live without. It is wonderful seeing how deeply he feels for Mia. And what depths he would go through to never let it go. In turn, I was overcome with joy to see Mia taking risks and placing her heart into Ansel’s tender hands.


I have to say that I really, REALLY enjoyed their journey. But, it ended to soon for me. Perhaps a glimpse into their future and more of their happily ever after? I think it’s just I will miss Ansel and all his charms, it was that fantastic of a read for me. There is no cliffhanger, however be warned that you will not want to let these characters go. Ansel, you are the perfect sensual man. Causing me to swoon and gush all at the same time. Looking forward to the next installment in this series.
TRIPLES with EMMA




2 comments: