Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The King (The Original Sinners #6) by Tiffany Reisz


4.5 Stars
Arc received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review


I am always at a loss for words after reading one of Tiffany Reisz’s tales. I cannot fathom why in the world I am drawn to this series like the proverbial moth to a flame. Totally baffles me since she hits on all, and I mean ALL, of my “no-go” triggers. Maybe it’s her impeccable writing style and superb story telling talents. Maybe it’s because this author has the balls to incorporate every taboo I can imagine into her story line in a way wherein I can cast aside all my inhibitions. Whatever the reason, I love this series. I swear I can hear the gasps of Sister Mary Frances, my grammar school teacher, each time I queue one of Reisz’s masterpieces onto my kindle. It’s blasphemous, yet so worth it. I happily run back for more from this amazing author and was tickled pink upon hearing THE KING was getting his own story. It was absolutely magnificent. But, I would not consider this a stand-alone novel and recommend reading the entirety of the Siren Series to fully understand all characters involved. 

  

As with the previous installments, this series goes well beyond the stereotypical BDSM ‘tie ‘em up and spank their ass’ erotic love story. Yes, the sexual element runs rampant throughout, especially since Kingsley oozes raw sex appeal in every way. I always feel as if I’ve journeyed deep within the soul of each of character; an up close view into their psyche. Crawling into Kingsley mind was a head-trip. All that coupled with a cast of multi-faceted characters and an intriguing plot, made this an excellent read that blew me away.


I felt as if I waited a lifetime for Kingsley Theophilé Boissonneault to tell his story and his majesty did not disappoint. Forever the self-indulgent sexual fiend, Kingsley’s character intrigued me, second only to the mighty Søren, as far as piquing my curiosity. Finally some insight on what makes him tick and the birth of the man that we come to know as “Kingsley Edge”. We see the creation of his empire – the Eighth Circle. His rise to power as the king of the New York BDSM underworld was not an easy climb, but with all things Kingsley, it was amazingly entertaining.


It is here we are introduced to new characters, such as Sam, who becomes his “right hand man” sort to speak. She came across as a female version of Kingsley with a hint of Nora mixed in - snarky, tricky and charming. I’ve come to adore her.

But what called to me the most was seeing the dynamics of his relationship with Søren, without Nora being the intermediary. Their love and connection is told through Kingsley’s eyes and sheds new light on the bond that exists between these two powerful men. I now see Søren as more than just the dominant commanding sadist. He was more laid back and humorous, and I fell in love with le prêtre even more. I am not one to read M/M romances. Ms. Reisz’s novels are the exception for me. But the love story told is so touching, so intense, my heart ached seeing the depths of Kingsley’s love for the only man he will submit to. His desperation to have any piece of Søren overwhelmed me.

 

All in all, I loved seeing the world through the kinky eyes of Kingsley Edge. Long live the King and bravo, Tiffany Reisz, for penning yet another brilliant saga. I will wait, with bated breath, for the next installment.






TRIPLES with EMMA

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review, Ang!

    As you know (because I've gone on and on about it), this is one of my favorite series. Possibly my all-time favorite. I can't wait for the next installment!

    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete