Thursday, April 3, 2014

Guns - The Spencer Book by JA Huss


Guns

The Spencer Book 
Arc received from JA HUSS in exchange for an honest review

4.5  stars

Spencer is a deceiving son of a bitch.


"I'm the best f*cking player this town has ever seen. So game on" 

  

“I’m the boss of you, Bombshell.”

“Because you’re mine, baby. And I’m gonna keep you forever.”

Tramping around town ignoring Veronica, treating her like trash, leaving her high and dry (especially in the alleyway), and breaking her heart by being a callous bastard, he pissed me off! And despite all this, I positively fell in love with the cocky, deceitful phony. Why? Because everything he does is all for his Bombshell.  Dig deep down inside, and you’ll find that Spencer is truly a selfless, self-sacrificing man, whose primary concern is the love of his life. He won me over with his unconventional protective ways. But, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Spencer will learn his lesson the hard way…



Spencer’s rouse is to keep his distance from Ronnie by casting her out of his life. (Well, except for when he finds the time to have explosive sex). For over a year, Ronnie’s life has been in turmoil because she loves a man who threw her away.  His reason? Spencer’s love for Ronnie is so deep, so consuming, he refuses to trap her into his chaotic life. Until all his legal troubles and the trial are over, Ronnie is out of the loop.  He vowed never to have his troubles taint her life. In a sick twisted way, Spencer is an honorable guy.



Ronnie is struggling emotionally as well as financially. Her heart is shattered as Spencer constantly denies her what she needs.  Just when her life is about to fall apart, a mysterious man swoops in to save the day and Ronnie catches his eye.  Hmm… perfect timing.  And just the trigger Spencer needed to pull his head out of his ass when it comes to his Bomb. Forcing him to confess his intentions and how he desperately loves her, hoping she is patient enough to wait for the dark clouds looming to float away.


Thank fucking God, my Bombshell is safe. No one knows about us. No one knows how much I love her. And that’s the whole reason I continue to break her heart, time after time after time. I never want this shit we’re in to touch her again.

Finally, everything comes to a head. All his plans are shot and everyone is in danger.  The story line takes many twists and turns – kicking my anxiety level sky high. Everything Spencer sacrificed unravels leaving everyone, especially Ronnie, knee deep in trouble. BIG TIME DRAMA I never saw coming, involving mysterious characters, created such tense and nail biting moments. I was on the edge on my seat! It was awesome plot twist. 
 
Poor Spencer. In a blink of an eye, everything backfires. He’s left in hell and the realization of what his mistakes cost all of them, especially Ronnie.  My heart went out to him as he suffered pain and remorse. His heart was in the right place. However, he is broken and recognizes his sacrifices were unnecessary and wasted precious time by avoiding the love of his life

 

Never fear, Spencer and the gang pull out the big GUNS as secrets are revealed and the unthinkable happens. WOW!! Spencer stops at nothing to assure his Bombshell is once again safe, in his arms, and will stay there for eternity.


“I don’t want you to get hurt. I don’t want my mistakes to come back and hurt you. I’ll die if something happens to you.” His eyes stare into mine and he swallows. “But I’m the one who’s been hurting you with this plan. And I just want you to know, Ronnie. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” he says again. “It’s just… we’re in a lot of trouble, baby. And I hate to bring you in on it like this. But I don’t want you to think I never cared if something happens and I never get a chance to tell you—”

What I liked about this story were the flashbacks into Ronnie and Spencer’s relationship.  Seeing their beginnings and how they fell in love.  It was heart warming and arousing. Spencer is totally the “mother@cking boss”. He’s such an incredibly sexy beast.  His appetite for the Bombshell was insatiable. 

Best part – Epilogue number two.  Fan-freaking-tastic. Number Five was adorable.  Sweet and snarky. I won’t spoil the surprise.  You’ll have to find out who he is on your own. I loved him.



This was a really good series.  I will miss this gang of misfits.









 

TRIPLES with EMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment