Sunday, March 15, 2015

Soaring (Magdalene, #2) by Kristen Ashley @KristenAshley68

5 Soaring Stars
ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review

Soaring was an amazingly fantastic, ridiculously sexy, feel good read that proved once again why Kristen Ashley will forever remain my literary queen of romance. This love story embodied everything KA spoils me with - a unique and descriptive writing style, brilliant dialogue, an incredibly strong heroine, super hot dominant Alpha, a cast of secondary characters that stole my heart and passionate moments that set my kindle ablaze.  But words sometime fail me when trying to put together my review because it’s so difficult to fully describe what I experience and how truly touching her romances are. Once stepping into Amelia and Mickey’s world, I became totally overwhelmed and consumed. My emotions were constantly ebbing and flowing as their joys thrilled me, their fears filled me with worry, and their despairs flooded my heart with sorrow. And in the end, I hated leaving this couple, their friends and family behind. I needed to savor this story over and over again before gathering my thoughts.

Amelia (Amy) is a woman who has all the money in the world, yet missing everything she needs for a happy life. A bitter divorce set her life on a downward, negative spiral - leaving her shattered, miserable, lacking self-confidence and losing custody of her children. In an effort to regain their love and respect, she decides to reinvent herself and begin a new life in Magdalene, Maine.


Her character wrecked me - I ached for all her pains and cried tears over all her sorrows. Seeing her lonely life and dealing with the children’s indifference, sliced right through the very heart of me. Starting over at the age of 47 takes courage and BALLS – I just love how brave she was. Amelia’s endless struggle to find fathomless inner strength and discovering her self worth left me awestruck. She is my new all-time favorite kick-ass heroine.
Fortunately for Amelia, along with her new life comes a very handsome neighbor. A knight in shining armor of sorts…Michael Patrick Donovan. The mere mention of his name makes me quiver in all the all the right places.

Oh, Mickey you’re so fine…and you REALLY blew my mind...
I’m in love with you!


He’s the sinfully sexy, outrageously macho construction worker/volunteer fire-fighter/boxer that had my head spinning. One minute I adored his sweet and tender ways; a single dad who melted me seeing the way he loves his children. In the next, I wanted to strangle him for all his stubbornness! My feelings for Mickey yo-yoed throughout most of this read as he found difficulties dealing with Amy’s wealth. Fighting off his attraction brought out a callous side to Mickey, and boy did this couple really go toe-to-toe.


The more he battled his feelings, the more sexual tensions escalated, until it deliciously exploded in some of the most sizzling sex scenes ever. It frayed my nerves to no end, but I loved every lust filled moment of it. For me, the more ‘jerk-like’ the KA hero, the deeper I fall in love with them as they struggle to find their way to redemption. It’s crazy, but absolutely true, and Mickey fights hard to win Amy’s (and my) love and trust. Mickey has a noble heart and feels deeply for his woman. He was an emotionally driven, compelling character whose gentle and protective side had me soaring, feeling all gushy inside. I now have a new Alpha-hero to obsess and drool over.

 


Amy and Mickey’s romance was inspiring as well as beautiful. Soaring was a powerful love story of passion, hope, mending broken hearts, bringing together of families and self-discovery. Kristen Ashley never ceases to wow me with her flawless story telling talents, which always leaves me hungry and wanting more from her imagination. Each one of her tales claims a little piece of my soul. I love that this series focuses on main characters that are more mature in age. It’s a rarity to find steamy romances evolving around older main characters that not only I can relate to, but readers of all ages can also appreciate. Ashley has that magical touch bringing such characters to life. Soaring easily became another ‘must reread’ favorite of mine.






No comments:

Post a Comment