Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Perfect Ten (Forbidden Men #5) by Linda Kage @lindakage

ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review

Ten hearts for Oren and Caroline!
 
Every so often, a secondary character steals the show and haunts me to the point of which I crave jumping inside their story and their minds. The ornery Oren “Ten” Tenning fascinated me from the moment he was introduced in “To Professor, with Love” and I was so excited hearing he was getting his own book. Could hardly stand the wait, but it was absolutely worth it. Ten is by far the sexiest of all the ‘Forbidden’ men. He is also crowned my new favorite bad boy in this series. (Hope Mason will find it in his heart to forgive me).



He’s sexy, he’s lewd and often a crude snarky bastard (I mean that in the most loving manner). Couldn’t help myself - I adored all of his amusing and sarcastic ways. Ten was one of the wittiest book boyfriends I have come across in a long time. However, there is so much more to his persona. Lying beneath the surface, Ten masks his true pain. The more I got to know the real Oren, the deeper I fell in love.


Honestly, I was a wee bit fearful of stepping into Caroline’s story. Events in her past tread on one of my few “reading triggers”.  Nevertheless, I got over it real fast. Her character shinned brightly as she was the sweet yet brazen tough girl whose sense of humor and cleverness was the perfect match for Oren. I love a gutsy chick who’s determined to chase what she wants. Caroline was ballsy enough to take on the man-slut of her dreams, and Ten gave her a wild run for her money. When these two finally got together…BAM…fireworks exploded. From midnight rendezvous’ to stolen moments on rooftops, Caroline and Oren were an adorable couple whose passionate chemistry sizzled both in and out of the bedroom.


Aside from this couple’s hilarity and deliciously overactive sex drive, “Perfect Ten” was an endearing, tender love story of two people weathering painful pasts, trying to find their way to bliss. After battling through their individual hurdles, together they faced so many obstacles. I loved every moment of their journey as I found myself constantly rooting, hoping for their well deserved happily ever after.

In “Perfect Ten” Linda Kage is at her finest penning a romance chock full of giggles, desire, lust, sexual tension, angst and nail biting moments. It’s definitely my absolute favorite read in this series. Loved that it was told in dual POV’s, seeing love blossom through the eyes of both main characters. And best of all, revisiting some old friends from earlier installments. Kage gives me the sense that I never have to say a final goodbye to her characters – they will always find a way back into the next story. As always, looking forward to more Forbidden Men.





No comments:

Post a Comment