Monday, April 6, 2015

Broken Juliet (Starcrossed #2) by Leisa Rayven


 




5 Star-crossed Loving Stars
Arc received in exchange for an honest review
 


Finally, the encore…

The saga of Cassie and Ethan’s star-cross romance continues and WOW, I could not wait to jump into this sequel. At the end of “Bad Romeo”, I was left with so many unanswered questions… and my nerves were wracked with worry.

What was the real reason Ethan crushed Cassie?
What would become of this broken couple?
Will Cassie’s desire for Ethan overcome her fears?
Is Ethan strong enough to convince Cassie that this time he is truly committed? 
How will Ethan repair the heart he once shattered?
So on and so on…
GAH!! Leisa Rayven left me completely crushed and panicked – I was heartbroken over Ethan’s callous ways and yearned for him to mend Cassie’s (and my) heart. And now the stage is set, the curtains are drawn and in Act II Ethan and Cassie’s performance had my emotions whirling.   I savored every moment, “Broken Juliet” was an absolute HIT!!

“Broken Juliet” picks up right where “Bad Romeo” left me dangling – with present day Ethan desperately fighting to win back Cassie’s heart and trust and to earn forgiveness. As more of their heartbreaking past is brought to light, there’s insight into Ethan’s anxieties, the unimaginable sucky reasons why he destroyed their relationship and the toll their breakup took on the young Cassie. Gone is the witty, optimistic girl, leaving behind a fearful woman. My heart went out to her, seeing the life she leads is a direct result of Ethan’s past actions. Contrarily, Ethan’s outlook on life is forever altered as he discovers the importance of Cassie’s love – it is the missing piece of his soul. I loved the heavy element of irony Rayven laced into the storyline as well as the way she seamlessly floats between past and present, and how she allowed her characters to magically morph into each other’s roles.  Their love and struggles made for an undeniably beautiful romance.
 

Although I was less than pleased with the younger Ethan who consistently frustrated the crap out of me to the point I wanted to pummel him… SEVERELY, present day Ethan was one of those charming leading men that stole the show and won my heart. I championed his fortitude and believed his intentions were genuine. It wasn’t easy making my peace with his character when I both loved and hated him with a passion. Despised his cold-hearted ways of the past, undeserving of Cassie’s affections. Had me swooning seeing his pain, his change of heart and the beauty of his soul. I honestly relish a story of redemption and Ethan, I feel, has atoned for his past sins. I applaud his character’s growth. Oh, and the fact that he was incredibly sexy and passionate as all hell, helped to change my opinion. Once seeing Ethan’s sincerity, I couldn’t help but adore him.



This is precious. This is love. This is something I’ll never take for granted, because I know how it feels to be without it.”  ~Ethan


 


Cassie, rightfully so, played the part of  ‘the woman scorned’ gracefully. I whole-heartedly understood her apprehensions and doubts, but wanted her to pull her head out of her ass a little sooner and make nice with Ethan. She held my sympathies in both the past and present – her pain moved me and I ached for her healing.  Ethan was both her destroyer and salvation, and I held my breath seeing her sufferings unfold. If any heroine is deserving of a brilliant happily-ever-after, it is undoubtedly Cassie.

I so loved…LOVED this second chance romance. Leisa Rayven lured me into Ethan and Cassie’s world, only to leave me craving for more. I wanted more of their present lives and their future. I wanted more of their sizzling passion. (Ethan’s really HOT, just sayin’). It hurt to let these characters go. They had such powerful chemistry and their antics both tore me down and mended my heart. This was a great series and really looking forward to more angsty, drama filled reads from this author.





BadRomeo

 












No comments:

Post a Comment