Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #5) By Kristen Ashley


Based in Denver, the Rock Chick Series is eight books that take you on the wild ride of the courtships of the Rock Chicks and the Hot Bunch.




Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #5)

Synopsis

Ava hates men, she has reason and she’s vowed not only never to get involved with another one again but also to exact vengeance on her best friend’s, lying, cheating husband. Since Luke, Ava’s childhood crush, is now a private investigator, she thinks to enlist him but changes her mind at the last second.


Too late, Luke knows she’s up to something and he’s already seen many a Rock Chick try to fight her own battles without the Hot Bunch stepping in. He’s having none of it. She’s having none of him. The clash of the Rock Chick and Hot Guy begins but Luke’s got the advantage. He has handcuffs and he’s not afraid to use them.



The Incredible Luke Stark ~ I have yet to find a man good looking enough to represent the drop dead gorgeous “Luke Stark”.  However, here are some that come close.



Needless to say, I loved this series and I’m working my way through another re-read.  I rated each book a 5 star and I adore each member of the Rock Chick/Hot Bunch crew. BUT, when it comes to the hotties, I favor LUKE STARK most of all (Even his name oozes sex appeal and causes me to tingle with delight).  This super macho bad ass is sensual, erotic and dominating. But most importantly, he had a gentle heart when it came to Ava.  From his filthy mouth to the loving and affectionate way he taps Ava’s nose, he was exquisite. He was also hysterical. Just need to share some of the best parts of this story and the lines that came out of Luke’s sexy mustached mouth.


“Ava, you missed it when it happened so I’ll clue you in. Last night, around the time you fell asleep against me, you became mine.”

 “The next part you pay is letting me cuff you naked to my bed and you stay that way while I eat you ‘til you come and then fuck you ‘til you come again… Not tonight, not when you’re shitfaced. I want you clearheaded when I do that to you. Tonight, after your rubdown, I’ll fuck you normally. Tonight, I want your hands and mouth on me.”

“I don’t want to just kiss you, beautiful, I wanna fuck you,”
“I don’t put up with the shit you’ve handed me the last week because you’re some fuckin’ piece I want to conquer. I put up with it because I’ve liked you since you were eight years old. You made me laugh. You understood me. You looked out for me when no one else fuckin’ bothered and you acted like you thought I could move mountains and I needed someone who thought that about me because my Dad sure as fuck didn’t.”

And move mountains he has - for Ava. In his own rugged, bad-ass way, Luke was there for Ava when she needed him the most.

Ava was an incredible heroine. Sassy, strong willed, comical and lovable, she fit right into the Rock Chick crew. She definitely had her moments of stubbornness by fighting off Luke, and thus adding sexual tension into the story line. Riddled with trust issues, (especially when it came to men), Ava struggled with all that was Luke and he certainly had his work cut out for him in earning her trust. Nevertheless, he was patient, tender and worked hard to prove that he was the man for the job of not only protecting Ava, but to give her love and strength. What I adored most about her character were her insecurities ~ with relationships and the struggles she had with her weight. It's real and what virtually what every woman experiences in life.





Once again, Kristen Ashley gifted her fans another heartfelt, hysterically funny romance. Honestly, there were times that were so off the charts funny, my sides hurt from laughing to fanning myself over all of Luke's sexiness. I fell in LOVE with this couple and happy to see all the secondary characters that were introduced in previous installments. I highly recommend reading the whole series if you are into mega sizzling Alphas. Rock on!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment