Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pulse by Gail McHugh



5 out of 5 pulsating stars


Oh sweet Gavin, I adore you and your bottle caps. 

Gavin is a sexy, intelligent, powerful, cocky, yet gentle soul. Each time he calls Emily “doll” or "sweets", I swoon.  What I admired most about Gavin was how he stood firm by Emily's side, even after she totally shattered his heart.  All his sugary sweetness gave me a toothache.  I craved for him to possess a more alpha personality, but loved him regardless.  Gavin Blake is the epitome of the perfect book boyfriend.

At the end of “Collide”, I was ranting and screaming…Emily, get your head out of your ass!  Dillon…you are a huge Dumbledick son-of-a-bitch. Ugh, what a frustrating ending and  I could not wait to read the continuing love story between Gavin Blake and Emily Cooper.  

The story line in "Pulse" took an unexpected turn for me.  I did not envision the way the story played out at all. I was pleased none-the-less (Except for Dillon - I want revenge…grrr! I wanted to see him hang from the highest rafter).







Emily’s character surprised me.  After all the experiences she had endured by the hands of Dillon, she grew to be strong-willed and did not crumble. Her strength comes from within, but also from Gavin.  










Gavin's persona amazed me as well.  His love for Em changed him, from a playboy to a dedicated boyfriend. I was in awe of his determination to move their relationship forward, despite all the trials and tribulations they suffered.  He was unwavering regardless of Dillon’s efforts.  It is his undying love for Emily that gave Gavin the fortitude to put back the pieces of her broken spirit.


“I’m going to break you, Emily Cooper. I’m going to break you down and slowly build you back up. Second by second, piece by piece, and memory by memory, I’m going to make you realize you’re worth what I’m going to give to you. If I have to open a dictionary every day and make you stare at the word ‘worth,’ I’ll do it.” 


As fate steps in and plays a role in turning Emily's life upside down, it is Gavin that holds the key to her happiness and hope.  Gavin's forgiveness is a blessing to Emily.

“You make me feel like I’m in a dream,...Like I’m sleepwalking and I don’t even know it.” 
“I’m able to close my eyes and just… trust you. You’re the color on my blank canvas, the light in my dark, the air in my lungs, and I almost let you go. I almost erased us from ever happening. I can’t imagine not having you here with me. Please tell me you know how much I love you, Gavin. I need to hear it right now. Please.”
Gavin is a sexy, hopeless romantic.  He has such a sensual way with words that are panty melting. His proclamations of love, as well as his actions, touched my soul.


“Emily Cooper, the only thing you have to fear is how much I’m going to love you for the rest of your life. And… how many times I’m going to make those legs shake."

“Look at me, Emily... Right there, doll. You said every look I’ve given you was without judgment. Well, every look you’ve given me is untouched, pure in all it is for my eyes. You look at me like you’ve never seen a man before. There’s no way for me, as a man, to ever explain what that feels like.” He reached for her hand and laid it against his heart. “You said every touch I’ve given was without judgment. Every time you touch me, your hands shake. You have no idea how that makes me shake. I’m not talking sexually, either. You shake everything I’ve ever know myself to be.”

 O.M.G....Sigh.... Gavin - how can I not love you? 

This story had it all..... Angst, steamy love scenes, immense sorrow, boundless joy, nail biting moments and a happily ever after that swelled my heart.  I could not put this book down and I long to see what Gail McHugh has in store for us next.





2 comments:

  1. Holy fuck! I love this review!!!
    OMG you're soooo good at them and the pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks "sweets". and I got the links to work! yay me!!

      Delete