4.5 out of 5 TKO stars
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Elle James, a lawyer, is stuck
in a dead end relationship with William Harper. William, a good friend she met during her college days, is also a lawyer. Somewhere along the line, their
friendship became sexual, but lacked sparks and fireworks. Feeling trapped, Elle's life has become so
routine, and her “sex-once-a-week” booty calls with William are no longer
satisfying. Regardless of how mundane Elle’s life
is now, it is prefect in comparison to her past. Surviving an abusive childhood has left Elle
troubled and scarred. In order to endure
the horrors, Elle is guarded and keeps her secrets locked up tight. Nonetheless, she will continue to coast
through her life on autopilot, suffocating…but always hoping for the
circumstances in her “perfect” life force a change.
Elle
![]() |
| “I’m a character in my story, going through the chapters of my life as if it was written by an imaginary person, when I should be the author.” |
What change does troubled
girl like Elle need to spice up her life?
I’d say meeting a hot MMA fighter named Nico “The Lady Killer” Hunter would due. Enter Nico, a new client and a hot as hell, sex-on-legs, tattooed hard body. YUM.
One look at him seems to wake Elle up from her perpetual slumber. He is drop dead gorgeous, possessive and total Alpha.
Nico:
![]() |
| "...I want you to give yourself to me. I want you, Elle. All of you." |
“Sexy, Sensual. Rough. All man.”
The sexual energy between
these two is off the charts. I fell in
love with Nico’s character immediately.
He is as gentle, loving and vulnerable as he is rugged. Got to love a dirty
talking growler who thanks a girl after each wham-bam ;)
![]() |
| "...I want my smell on you. In you. So that the whole God damn world knows you're mine." |
Nico, like Elle, has a barely
survived a tormented past. He is a broken man who feels culpable for a situation which was totally out of his control. Struggling to
work past the anguish of his last fighting match, Nico is training (psychically
and mentally) to once again enter the ring.
But, tensions are running too high and Nico can not seem to work through the catastrophic events which altered his life forever. Instead, he emotionally shuts down from his family, friends and his
relationship with Elle becomes strained and eventually crumbles.
![]() |
|
“Elle, run
while you have the chance. You can’t fix me. I’m not some project
for you to take on like charity. You’re better off with someone who is more
like you.”
|
Vi Keeland writings me laugh,
scream and cry while experiencing the love story of Nico and Elle. I truly enjoyed reading this story from
alternating POV’s. Worth the Fight is definitely worth the read.











No comments:
Post a Comment