Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan by Jessica Sorensen



4 beautifully broken stars

DAMAGED, CRUSHED, BROKEN, SHATTERED - the souls of Lila and Ethan

A sad story about two broken souls.  I felt so sorry for these two.  I liked Ethan's character - A LOT.  I was put off by Lila's addiction, BUT my heart ached for her and she managed to turn my feelings towards her around by the end of the story. She proved to have inner strength and was accepting of Ethan’s help.  Ethan, despite his personal issues and hang-ups, was persistent in helping Lila. I fell in love with his character - and of course he’s a hottie. 




I would have liked to see more interaction between Lila and her parents...telling them off, as well as some retribution to the ass who abused her.  The act was criminal and left unresolved.  I hope to read more about this couple.

Sorenson has a unique writing style which taps into the reader’s emotions only to set them off on a whirlwind journey. The issues are dark and taboo, but the way her stories are written, beauty is created from ugliness. It’s almost magical to experience. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.






No comments:

Post a Comment